Sunday, June 17, 2012

Zakka Style Sew-A-Long: Week 11

ORCHARD PATH TWEED POUCH

This week's project was a pretty quick stitch.  Even with all the hand-sewing.  Yes, you heard that right - hand-sewing.  I did it.  And ... and ... I even LIKED it.  

















The little hexagons were kinda fun.  I wish I had used the invisible thread to join the hexagons together.  It really does disappear.  I chose to hand-stitch the appliqués to the panel instead of machine stitch (using the invisible thread.)  I think it looks better and I like how it turned out.

The project called for some interfacing on the lining fabric, but I didn't really feel it needed it.  My wool exterior is fairly stiff and I don't really like the firm feeling on the lining.  So I just left the interfacing out.  I also didn't use another print for the lining and I limited it to two different prints for the hexagons.  I just didn't want that much going on since the wool is pretty heavily textured itself.  I wasn't sure I'd like the little corner patches, but I kinda like 'em on this bag.

Since my zipper was a little short (7" instead of the listed 9") I added fabric tabs before inserting.




No comments:

Post a Comment