Saturday, January 7, 2012

100

Yep. That's right folks. This is my 100th post.
Sorry to keep you waiting.

I know I have lots of handmade Christmas gifts to post, but I've had "The Plague". Or at least that's what we're calling it in this household. Even "Mr. I Never Get Sick" was sick. Ha! But this is MY blog, so it's all about me today! ;) After being given various medications for bronchitis -- including an inhaler -- by day 9 of symptoms, I wasn't getting any better. Time for the antibiotics. They are finally working. Still have to sleep on the sofa, all propped up. But I have finally gotten some sleep. Yea!!!!

Wow. This is becoming quite a "downer" post. At least I'm sparing you detailed descriptions of the various excretions from the coughing and sneezing. Be thankful ...

Onto the handmade goodness!

I have to toot my own horn here a little. I had two items that I consider masterpieces! Yeah, I'm totally bragging. I admit it.

My Chris' Mom was getting a new Kindle for Christmas from Chris' sister, Kelly and her fella Kyle. So a theme gift was in order! I love how this Kindle Kover turned out! It's one of the masterpieces. (Other will be posted at another time.)











I used fusible fleece interfacing on both the lining and exterior fabrics. This is awesome stuff! Very easy to work with. Added just enough padding to protect the Kindle inside. AND I added a "Kindle" already downloaded with Chapter 21 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! Well, as much as I could write on the "screen" LOL

------------------------------

And here's is Möbius Cowl for my Mom:





This is my own crochet pattern with an added picot edge. This is a true Möbius -- no working in a rectangle then adding a seam. No siree-Bob! This one is worked in the round with a twist! I've actually started teaching this at my LYS! Pattern free with class or private lesson! :)

I've made TONS of these. In bulky weight yarn, they work up super fast! Anything self-striping is awesome, too! I'll be showing more of these as time goes on.

Well, that's it for Post #100! More Christmas goodies to come!


** UPDATE: Give-a-way is now closed. I'm highly disappointed in my readers. Tsk, tsk ... only one entry. You guys suck a little. Well, goodies for Pat, then! She's getting a zippered/cosmetic bag! **


AND ...
Just to see if anyone is paying attention (i.e. actually reading this blog) I'm going to do a give-a-way in celebration for my 100th post! Winner will be chosen by a random number generator. Just leave a comment on this post letting me know which one of the following handmade-by-me prizes you would like:
1) fabric cosmetic/zip bag
2) fabric key fob
3) a PDF copy of my crocheted Möbius Pattern
4) fabric mini-tote bag (great for small knit & crochet projects!)

* Fabrics will be chosen by me, but if you have a favorite color, I might be able to use it.

Don't forget that comments on this blog are moderated, so it may not show up immediately. Give-a-way closes at 12:00pm CST on Saturday, January 14, 2012. Winner will be announced that afternoon.

Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. I love your cowl for your Mom, it looks all cuddly and warm. The Kindle Kover for Chris' Mom is cute, too. Before I started reading I thought YOU had gotten a Kindle and was ready to smack you! That said, a zippered fabic bag would be lovely.....

    ReplyDelete