Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Totally Tubular

I almost titled this post "shagadelic" because these vases are so retro! -- and I gots a new 'do that technically qualifies as a shag. But since a shag on curly hair doesn't really look like a shag, it would've been a lost joke. I digress ...

Last Friday I hit my favorite antique mall (no, I'm not telling you what it is) and I found some fab stuff! Little bits-n-bobs really. No furniture. This time.

Check these vases out!

Here's the "before" ...



And here's the "after" ...







I have some new Tillandsias (air plants)* and I thought these vases would be the perfect homes for a couple of them. They're in the bathroom for now. Will probably find a permanent place in the living room once I finish getting the new shelves filled and organized!

I debated showing you the wall of shelves in the bathroom. It's night time and it's all artificial lighting -- looks better during the day -- but I don't feel like waiting until tomorrow morning to take the picture. So here it is anyway ... bad lighting and all:



* If you want to know more about these fascinating plants and see some way cool varieties, check out Plant Oddities. I ordered a couple of assortment packs for an upcoming group project at The Community Crafts Studio and one of my plants had purple flowers! Another, hot pink tips! And these weren't even the "odd" ones! Methinks I'll be ordering some others ...

No comments:

Post a Comment