Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sew What?

Yeah. That's right. I sew now.

Okay, okay ... I'm LEARNING to sew now. Deal with it.



These are very simple, double-sided coasters. The pattern was taken from Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts. This book is full of all you need to get started AND, like, two-thirds full of projects that are totally "doable".

I decided to start with something small. (That way even if I f**cked it up, I wouldn't be wasting much in the way of supplies, know what I mean?) Anyway, they're not perfect, but they're aren't complete disasters. I'm totally digging it!

* Gotta give the shout out to my BFF, Cara (the self-proclaimed "sewing snob"), for setting up the machine and showing me how this crazy contraption works! And to my Mom for giving me her old contraption (and not worrying too much that a klutz like me would end up stitching herself into something ... so far, "sew" good!)

** And apologies to those who didn't know what they were getting into by reading this post ... especially if you didn't know how "punny" I am.

*** And, again, sorry for the puns.

No comments:

Post a Comment