Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tea for Two...er, One

Yea!!! I finished two projects this week. (Cara's Birthday Gift photos will have to wait. I'm not 100% happy with the pictures I took.)

BUT you all can see the shawl I finished for me! This would have worked up in a couple of evenings IF I hadn't also been working on Cara's throw blanket. I was good - waited until her gift was complete before I finished my shawl.





The pattern is by the insanely talented Doris Chan. If you're a crocheter, I totally recommend looking up her exploded lace designs. This one, The Chrysanthemum Tea Shawl, is like all her other designs - absolutely gorgeous! And amazingly simple. Once you figure out the repeat, each round works up without fuss. I'm TOTALLY doing more of her designs...in fact, shawl number two is underway. But that one is for Mom as a belated birthday gift. She bought the yarn, however. (LYS Knitorious was having an awesome Memorial Weekend sale. Picked up more yarn for myself to make another of these in this gorgeous red. Stay tuned!...)

No comments:

Post a Comment